Thursday, February 17, 2011

Summer and Winter in one day?


I met a friend for a cuppa at The Chocolate Frog Cafe today which is inside a garden centre. While we were sitting there, a trolley of gorgeous sunflowers was brought in ready to put on a display. It was one of the most cheerful sights - I just had to grab a quick pic. Sunflowers really are the most spectacular design aren't they? My wee girl was with me and she was in awe of them. We have grown them at home before but she is too little to remember. I think I am going to have to go back to the store tomorrow to buy one of these. They were only short ones so would be perfect in a pot. Gorgeous!

And in stark contrast to the above burst of summery goodness, I finished another winter scarf today. It seems a bit crazy posing for a pic (taken by little Miss 3) wearing a warm scarf over a summer top on a stinking hot day.



The pattern is on Ravelry and is called a Sweet November Scarf.
It was really quick to make. I know it's a bit beige when I'm trying to put more colour in my life, but it will go so well over a bright coloured winter jacket. And let's face it - I'm not exactly short of colourful scarves at the moment! I'm not convinced just yet that I'm a tassel/fringe kinda gal but I'll give it a go. I like that it can be worn so many different ways.
Now I can concentrate on making some more flowers. Miss 3 has requested some to decorate a hat I made her last winter. She loves my tea cosy so much I think she want's to have her hat look just like it. So cute.
Hope everyone is having a lovely week so far. Bring on the weekend! I am bursting with excitement about a night out tomorrow night. I am going to a fabulous charity movie event raising money for Ovarian Cancer Research. The ticket price was only $25 and it includes the movie ticket, a glass of bubbles and a gift bag by a cosmetic company valued at over $300 - now what girl doesn't get excited by a gift bag! I can't wait.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.